Thursday, April 5, 2018

Journal April 5, 2018 - This year's seed starts.

It seems damn silly to be starting seeds with snow still in the forecast, but hope springs eternal.  The cold weather and major snow storms one after another are probably the main reason I got a real late start on seed starting this year.

For some reason, people tend to give me seeds to try, so I have unknown seeds from Italy from the postman, Italian tomatoes Redorta and Cour di Bur from a surveyor who was working near by, New Yorkers from a dog groomer, and Hungarian peppers from I don't remember who. The staple variety for my greenhouse is Tropic, so I have mostly planted those. 

If you have not already done so, check out the benefits of using hydrogen peroxide on your plants, you will be glad you reasearched it.

The photo above was taken while hiking at the Grafton Lakes State Park last week.  My walking stick is about 5 feet in length and as you can see I was standing on at least two feet of snow while taking the photo.

No comments: