Sunday, April 29, 2018

Journal April 29, 2018 - Orchids from seeds day 10


It was not my imagination, just overnight I can now see green in the flasks.  Hopefully, all will continue without any contamination. 



To minimize the risk of contamination forming I have placed the flasks in my makeshift hood.  For lighting, I am using a CFL, 6500K about 13 watts with a photoperiod of 18 hours.  Additionally, I have a heat mat under the bottom of the hood to maintain a warm environment during the evening hours.

Above is the parent plant, a Phalaenopsis I purchased at Aldis on special for $7.99.  It is really a magnificent plant with beautifully colored flowers. The plant has not flowered since it was pollinated, however, since the pods have matured it has begun producing a flower spike.  

No comments: