Sunday, April 15, 2018

Journal April 15, 2018 - Phalaenopsis pod finally ripens.

After a wait of almost nine months, the Phalaenopsis pod has ripened.  I noticed today when I was about to water the plant that the pod had split open indicating that it had finally ripened.
The seed has been separated from the fluff surrounding it and will be stored in a plastic bag until I mix the media to start it.
The seed is nothing like the rip-off seed that is sold on eBay.  The seed is more like flour than seed, as you can see from the photo.

After purchasing both Phalaenopsis and other orchid seed on both eBay and Amazon and being ripped off I thought I would post a photo of the real deal for comparison.

I did receive a refund for the times I received fake seeds and reported the sellers on both sites. In each instance I was told that the sellers would be removed, however, they are still to this day selling fake orchid seed, so caveat emptor.

Real Phalaenopsis seed shown above.


Scam seeds sold on Amazon.

No comments: