Monday, August 5, 2013

Journal August 5, 2013

Rather than let the cloner sit idle I reactivated it today to grow six basil plants to completion.  This is the first time I have really used the small 150 watt LED, which is only running on about half power, as I am only using the vegetative stage.  Still, the light level at the plants is about 2,500 foot candles, which is more than enough for basil.

The major improvements in this aeroponic unit over the other units I have built in the past is that it will not leak, and, as it has six spray heads, it will continue to function if one head clogs.

 The tomato clones that I just removed from this unit are the best I have ever produced, so building it was well worth the effort and the ten bucks I spent for parts.

No comments: