Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring cleaning

I spent the day doing my annual spring cleaning in the greenhouse, but it is not a task I enjoy. If there was some way I could pass this job off on my wife, I would.

The panels have been washed inside and out, and the frame has been wiped down and disinfected. It is ready for the season, although I will clean the panels again sometime in July.

Recently I purchased a book on greenhouse gardening, The Greenhouse Expert, by Dr. D. G. Hesasayon. According to the book I should be applying the shade cloth much more than I have been, and also spraying the floor with a hose at least three times a day to increase humidity.


Just washing the panels is supposed to increase the light level significantly. Well, I am glad that task is finished.

No comments: