Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Journal February 20, 2012

Today I discovered tiny roots peeking out of the sides of the media holding a manzanillo cutting taken on January 25, 2012.  It seems that I may have finally found a way to clone olives successfully.

It is pretty amazing to me that it has taken less than a month for the cutting to root after all of my previous attemps.

The changes I made this time were: that I used the horticubes and placed them in netpots rather than in coir and perlite; additionally, I used a neoprene collar to stabilize the cutting, anti-wilt was applied after the cutting was taken, and, I used the dome with CO2 enhancement; further changes include  increased potassium (K), adding only a small amount of calcium nitrate to provide nitrogen (N), and finally, I used the small red/orange/ blue LED and ran it 24/7.

No comments: