Thursday, October 4, 2012

Journal October 4, 2012


The flowers in the photo are on a Burpee Super Beefsteak tomato plant.  The first bud to form was huge!  When it opened, I found that it has two of everything: petals, stamens, pistils; all on one stem.  I don't think I have ever seen this, but it should be interesting to see what forms.


Today I decided to take a stab at a time lapse sequence of a Chabaud Carnation bud opening.  In an effort to speed up the process, I have placed the plant under a 125 watt 6500k compact fluorescent grow light and will leave the light on 24/7.

With the cool, damp, cloudy, rainy weather hanging in I am fighting powdery mildew on the cucumbers in the greenhouse.  The systemic fungicide works to some degree, however, I will most likely just continue until the larger fruit is harvested and then call it a season for the greenhouse.

No comments: