Monday, October 29, 2012

Journal October 29, 2012

This year's batch of indoor cucumbers promises to be the best ever!

One surprising aspect is that fruit is forming well above the lights. Apparently, if the main portion of the plant is receiving adequate lighting, fruit will form in deep shade.

Deciding that I needed a new challenge, I ordered three olive tree seedlings to be grown hydroponically, both indoors, and in the greenhouse. In addition, I ordered a small batch of olive seeds from Greece.

The varieties of olive seedlings I ordered are: 2 Manzanillo and 1 Olea Eeuropaea.  The seeds are for an Anatolian olive tree and are also Olea Europea. 

I am fairly confident that olive plants will grow well hydroponically. In any event, they are well suited to my growing conditions, in both the greenhouse, and indoors under LED lighting.

No comments: