Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Journal October 3, 2012

The four Carnation plants were brought inside today and placed under a 90 watt red/blue/white LED grow light.  Their fragrance permeates the entire basement, but that is fine with me.

As much as I would like to make a time lapse sequence of a Carnation bud opening, I may not even bother to try as they take forever to open.

In the next day or so I will also bring Ava's Everlasting Strawflowers indoors.  They have been a big disappointment, as they have been in prime space in the greenhouse since the first of June, and have not produced a single flower.  The plants are over three feet tall , dark green and apparently healthy.  If a few weeks under an LED does not induce flowering, I am going to terminate the project, as I have spent four months on it at this point.

No comments: