Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26, 2012 journal




At this point I am going to consider my homebuilt AutoPot project a success, even though I still have to cut down the two covers that fit different size pots to fit the smaller reservoir tray.


To date I have removed at least six small buds from the Giant Marconi pepper plant, however, from this point on I am going to let the plant flower. If the plant can not support fruit, it will abort the flowers itself. Mother Nature knows best.


A week ago I placed the time lapse camera in the tent to record the growth of this plant, however when aiming the camera I accidentally cut the top of the plant from the frame. At some point I will have to repeat that experiment, as when I viewed the video the leaves on the plant appeared to be flapping like bird wings. The camera was set to take three frames every fifteen minutes, and for the life of me I can not imagine why the plant appeared to droop and recover. The temperature is pretty constant, as are the light and moisture levels, so that really has me baffled.

No comments: