Thursday, June 14, 2012

June 14, 2012 journal

Yesterday I began cloning six replacement tomato plants, and, I started seeds for replacment cucumber plants.


The only time I use rockwool cubes anymore is for cloaning, not that the horticubes will not work, but because the rockwool holds the moisture longer.  Usually the cuttings will root within seven days.

The tomato plants are going to have to be topped off soon.  I will top them off two leaves above the last truss, when they have reached slightly above the dowels supporting them.  Besides, my assistant can no longer reach the trusses to pollinate them.



Today I began using Miracle Grow for tomatoes, calcium nitrate and epsom salts to feed the tomatoes, cucumbers and eggplant.  I will watch the plants to see how they react, but I will be very surprised to see any difference when compared to the Peter's Professional nutrients.    I have been using nothing but a general purpose soluble nutrients and epsom salts for the lettuce and beets for months and they are doing just fine.

No comments: