Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22, 2012 journal

Yesterday I completed running the nutrient lines to the autopots and filled the reservoirs with nutrients, also, I ran airline connections to the reservoirs for aeration.  In addition, there are cut off valves installed on each reservoir, and on the feed line to each smart valve. That said, I am still not at the point that I am ready for automatic feeding.

I decided to use separate reservoirs for the cucumbers, tomatoes and eggplant, although, the eggplant and tomato requirements are very close, and I could have combined them. 

One of the Turkish/Italian eggplants can be seen in the large black autopot on the lower right of the above photo.  This variety is different from a normal eggplant, in that instead of individual flowers, it is growing a truss with five buds, much like a tomato plant would do.

No comments: