Friday, December 31, 2010

Three weeks into my Spacemaster cucumber grow





The time lapse video above records five days growth of the Spacemaster cucumber plant under the 90 watt red/blue/white LED.

I know the lighting looks weird, but that is the nature of the beast. At the very least the video confirms the rate of growth possible using LED technology. When I first positioned the camera, I set the height of the light at what I thought was appropriate for a few days growth. I had to raise the light twice during the five day period, as the plant was growing much more quickly than I expected. Even doing that, the plant grew right out of the field of view, and I could not reposition the camera without ruining the video.

My next attempt at time lapse photography will be, if possible, to capture the transformation of a flower bud into a full grown cucumber.

No comments: