Friday, December 24, 2010

Holiday Harvest


The crop of red salad bowl that I planted for the holiday was harvested today; there were a dozen or more plants that yielded three bags of lettuce. I would imagine that finding salad bowl anywhere in a supermarket would be nearly impossible, in this hemisphere, on Christmas Eve.

Vivian and slo-bolt seedlings were placed into the system immediately to maintain continuous production.

My Spacemaster cucumber grow is into week two and is progressing very well. The plants are a very healthy green and very compact. Presently I am running at 950 ppm with the pH at 6. As soon as the plant begins producing male flowers I will add more PK to the mixture. It will be interesting to see how long it takes until the plant begins to produce male flowers.

No comments: