Monday, March 28, 2016

Journal March 28, 2016 - Seedlngs for greenhouse and garden

Seeds for both the greenhouse and garden were started on March 14, 2014.  Today I began planting some of the seeds into three inch pots to grow on under grow lights.


Once again I will be growing Tropic tomatoes for the greenhouse, with some in the garden also.  In addition, I planted Celebrity tomatoes for my garden and Ava's garden.

All of the annual flower seeds that I planted were saved from last year's garden, with the exception of Chrysanthemum, Robinson Red.  I had not seen these seeds before and the photo on the package looked very attractive.

The beets were picked today, but I let them get too big and I thought the greens were a little chewy.  The beets themselves, roasted, were delicious!

That is the trouble: in the spring with all of the planting, things get a little out of hand, and somethings get overlooked in the process.

No comments: