Sunday, March 24, 2013

Journal March 24, 2013

Deciding to prepare the space that the olives will be growing during the season, I was preparing to construct something to support the supplemental lights.  Instead, I found that I could use the existing support by simply placing a short piece of bamboo between the clamp and the wood, which holds the lights firmly in place.  Basically, the old adage: keep it simple.

The timer is set to turn the lights on from 7 am to 11 am, and again at 5 pm till 9 pm.  After dark, the lights give the greenhouse an eerie pink glow, which no doubt sets the neighbors to wondering.

The two Trilye olive trees from Turkey have apparently gone astray in the postal system.  They are more than two weeks overdue, and I expect that they will be dead on arrival.  The seller assures me that if they are, he will issue a full refund.  That remains to be seen, and so much for registered mail.  What a joke that is.

If anyone thought I was kidding about the eerie glow from the greenhouse, guess again.

 

No comments: