Friday, March 9, 2012

March 9, 2012 journal





Burpee is now marketing coir seed starting bricks that are larger and less expensive than those available from hydroponic dealers. In my opinion, it is about time there was some competition in marketing hydroponic supplies.


While at Home Depot stocking up on the new bricks, I happened to see a gadget that I thought would be ideal for the greenhouse. It is a radio operated remote control designed for outdoor use. The remote has a range of eighty feet, and will handle 1000 watts.

I changed my thinking after taking the above photo, and now have the remote controlling the power strip. By doing so, I can control more than one device remotely.

The marconi plant has at least fifteen peppers that are almost ready to pick, and I am really looking forward to enjoying these peppers. I doubt that these beauties are available from any produce dealer, so the only way you can get them is to grow them yourself. And, they are well worth growing!

No comments: