Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 2, 2012 journal




The feed lines to the AutoPots have been turned off for several days and the reservoirs are completely dry, however, the meter is telling me that the moisture level within the pots is about an 8 on a scale of 1 - 10. That said, the plants are doing fantastically well! I venture to state that they are the best I have yet grown indoors.


The Mountain Princess tomato, shown above, is an extra plant that I was going to discard but decided at the last moment to grow instead. This morning I thought I could see a bud cluster forming, and by lunch the cluster was indeed visible.


I have been removing suckers, as I want to limit trusses to the main stem for support. After the first truss has set I will decide whether I am going to allow an additional truss to form.


The part I am unsure of is how much foliage the plant should have to support one or two trusses. I suppose it would be best to err on the side of too much, rather than too little.

No comments: