Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Can't hurt to try


I recall reading sometime ago that someone, who must have had a lot of time on his hands, performed an experiment that determined that if you talk to your plants they grow faster than plants that are not spoken to.

My theory is that plants just don't give a damn what you are saying; they really appreciate the carbon dioxide you are exhaling, as it is vital to their growth!

Air circulation takes care of moving CO2 around in the greenhouse and in my growing chamber, but what about in the covered propagators? I would think even these tiny seedlings would love a CO2 rich environment. I have added a short length of airline tubing feeding into the covers, and will exhale into the containers a few times a day.

Seems a little nutty, but so does talking to plants..... Time will tell.






No comments: