Thursday, April 30, 2015

Journal April 30, 2015 - Greenhouse tomato support

The support lines for the tomatoes were installed today, as the plants are at the point that they will soon need support.

All of the plants, except the Arbason, are forming buds.  Fortunately, I have plenty of excess plants, so if the Arbason is not budding in two weeks it will be replaced.

The Arbason is supposed to be a premier greenhouse tomato, however, if I recall correctly I had problems with it when I tried growing it previously.  It is supposed to be superior to Trust, but so far you can't prove it by my experience.

If I remove the plant I will place it in the garden and see what happens.

ARBASON TOMATO

Reliable producer of large, high quality tomatoes with good flavor. Outperformed Buffalo and Trust for flavor and yields in University of Maine trials. Harvest when fully ripe for best flavor; resists cracking. Prune to 4-5 fruits/cluster for larger fruit. From the breeders of Buffalo. GREENHOUSE Indeterminate • 7-9 oz.. (Lycopersicon esculentum)

No comments: