Sunday, February 3, 2013

Journal February 3, 2013

I am really delighted with the results that I have seen since converting the grow chamber from fluorescent to LED lighting.  Going forward I will add a pot of annuals to each tray, just to annoy Mother Nature, as she continues to send very cold temperatures our way.  The first seeds, zinnia and calendula, have already sprouted and will be planted in about two weeks.


Not that I had any concerns about the intensity of the LEDs, but it is comforting to see how compact the plants are under the LEDs.  They actually outperform the T5 lights, and are much more energy efficient.


 Being semi-tropical the olives are also doing extremely well indoors under the LEDs; to the point that I must continually pinch out the growing tips to keep them compact.
 

No comments: