Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Journal February 6, 2013

Up until today I thought I had just about reached my ultimate cloning system; that is until I found the small greenhouse shown above.  I just happened to see it at Wal-Mart, and I was impressed with the quality of the dome.  The dome was made in Germany, of  durable plastic, with vent holes on both ends and an adjustable vent on top.  Additionally, the bottom has molded recesses that fit my 2" net pots perfectly.  

I wanted a higher dome, as I was limited to very short cuttings with the domed container that I was using.  Some of the cuttings in my existing dome were being pressed against the top and my maximum size was only 4".  A heat mat has been added, as well as a thermometer and a wet wash cloth to keep the humidity high.  The bottle contains water, sugar and yeast to add carbon dioxide to the dome and I will be still using the small red/orange/blue LED 24/7.

While looking for seeds later in the day I saw the exact dome at Lowe's for about six dollars more than Wal-Mart was charging.  I guess Lowe's is more upscale than Wal-Mart.

Just a comment about comments:

I moderate comments to the blog and I WILL NOT post any comment that contains a link to any commercial site.  Just today I had to trash three comments from someplace called kelp4less, so I wrote to them and told them to knock it off, that they were wasting their time and mine by posting the comments.  Why anyone would even consider using their products is a mystery to me anyway.  

I hope they read that comment.

No comments: