Friday, February 15, 2013

Journal February 14, 2013

Today I received a mission olive plant from Forest Farm in Oregon.  The plant I received from Florida several weeks ago seemed to be still in shock and was doing absolutely nothing; so I decided to get a few more plants, as I really want a mission olive tree.  

This tree spent over a week traveling across country in a truck, and it seems to have survived the trip alright.  The description online stated the plant would be about six to eight inches tall, and that is exactly what I was looking for.  When UPS delivered the box, it was about three feet long and I thought: Oh no, here we go again with another telephone pole.

The plant was tall, about eighteen inches, and very very slender when I took it from the box.  It was being supported by a bamboo stick and did not have a chance in hell of standing on its own.

Fortunately the plant has some lower branches, so when I removed about a foot from the top of the plant it turned out pretty much as I would like it to be.  The section I removed was divided into two six inch sections and I will try to clone them.

Also, I found a deal on eBay for mission olives for less than seven dollars each and a second ships for two dollars

No comments: