Friday, November 2, 2012

Journal November 2, 2012



The tomatoes that Ava I planted for Santa are ahead of schedule, it looks like some will be ready for Thanksgiving dinner.

A few days ago I noticed that the margins between the veins of the leaves were beginning to turn yellow, which could either indicate an iron, manganese or zinc deficiency. To make matters even more confusing, it could also mean a nitrogen deficiency. I decided to increase the nitrogen level in the nutrients slightly and also added about a tablespoon of liquid iron. When I checked the plants today there was a great improvement in the yellowing, so I must have guessed correctly.



Today I harvested a nice batch of the greens from system number two. I have found that the best variety of beets for greens is early wonder.

No comments: