Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Seedlings for greenhouse

Today I planted the tomato seedlings that I started on March 1, 2011 into 3" pots filled with coco coir and perlite. I will be top watering them with nutrient solution with a TDS of 550 and a pH of 6.0 until they are transplanted into the autopots.

The pepper seeds have all germinated, however, the seedlings are still too small to be transplanted at this time.

The tomato seedlings have been placed under a dome using the red/blue/white 90 watt LED. I will give them a few days to recover from transplanting before I attempt to place them in the greenhouse during the afternoon. Today, the sun was was shining brightly, and the temperature in the greenhouse was a toasty eighty degrees, but I had nothing I could put in there to take advantage of these great conditions.

I hope that planting them on the ides of March does not bring me the same luck as Julius Caesar had on this date.

No comments: