Friday, October 19, 2012

Journal October 19, 2012

The video above compresses an entire week into less than two minutes.  I learned quite a bit in making the video, and hopefully what I learned will be applied to the next time lapse sequence.

For instance, I should have focused tighter on the plant, capturing a frame every fifteen minutes instead of every six minutes.  Also, the lighting could be improved by moving the light from directly overheard to slightly to the side for better definition.

That said, the cucumbers in the tent have given me another surprise, as there are several female flowers forming and not a single male flower is open.

Under normal circumstances, the male flowers form at least two weeks before I see the first female flowers. Not that I am complaining. 


No comments: