Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sweet harvest

I have been picking giant marconi peppers for several days now and I can't describe how incredibly delicious they are. Generally I am not a big fan of peppers, but I could eat a few of these every day.

Again, this is the type of produce that can not be found in the local supermarket. My wife said red peppers are expensive, and I can see why they would be. I had to leave these on the plant for at least a month after they were fully developed for the fruit to turn red. I could have picked them green and placed them in a paper bag with an apple to ripen, however I did not think the taste would be the same as fruit ripened on the plant.

Overall, the drip ring systems did a good job with the peppers, and I plan on continuing to grow peppers using the drip ring method.

No comments: