Saturday, December 20, 2008

Heirloom Seed Catalog

This week we received a very elaborate 124 page full color catalog, printed on coated stock, from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds. As a retired purchasing manager, I am aware of the cost involved in producing a catalog like this. It appears that these folks are very serious about marketing their seeds.

The catalog contained some unusual varieties of vegetables that I just could not resist, and as an added bonus, they are heirloom seeds.


It was difficult to select seeds to order, as there were so many different types to choose from. I managed to confine my order to these seeds:

Lettuce: Rouge Grenobloise, Gentilina, Brune D'Hiver, Gotte Jaune D'Or, Sanguine Ameliore or Strawberry Cabbage Lettuce
Oriental: Kwang Tung Leaf

Future posts will feature some of the above in addition to some unusual varieties I have in the propagator presently.




No comments: