Saturday, November 21, 2009

Another crop started

The modified aeroponic system has been activated and planted with Slo-Bolt lettuce, and in three or four weeks there will be enough growth to allow harvesting the outer leaves.

It occurred to me that I failed it mention in the video that the unit has a fill drain tube on the side, and an opening on top that may also be used to add nutrients. Although the fill drain tube is not critical, it makes servicing the system much easier. It should almost go without saying that each hydroponic system needs a drain tube.

I use the same fittings that I use on the ebb and flow systems, and interchange them when a unit is not being used. The fill drain tube can also be used to draw a few ounces of nutrients from the system for testing, and I calibrate mine to be used as a fluid level indicator.


No comments: